Information For Pet Parents Who Rent
- Our friends at The Humane Society of the United States have compiled helpful information for every pet owner who rent including resolving landlord issues and finding pet-friendly housing. Click here to learn more.
- Paws Opening Doors is a legal advocacy group with resources on how to prepare for the COVID Eviction Crisis in Louisiana and up-to-date information about the Federal Eviction Moratoriums . They also have a state-by-state guide to the laws around evictions to help you navigate the process.
- One in every four adults in the United States have some type of disability. Many people are not aware of or do not understand the legal requirement for reasonable accommodations under the Fair Housing Act that allows people to have emotional support animals. This can be one more option for keeping people and pets together. Our friends at Paws Opening Doors have more information on the process and a sample letter. You can also find more information about Emotional Support Animals and renting at the Tenant Resource Center.
Local Housing Resources
- UNITY of Greater New Orleans is a nonprofit that coordinates community partnerships to help end homelessness.
- NOLAReady has resources on housing and is the the official information source about local eviction moratoriums and assistance programs.
- Families for Families is a housing assistance fund solely funded through donations, which are distributed to participating landlords on behalf of the eligible tenants.
- Jane Place Neighborhood Sustainability Initiative is a Community Land Trust and housing rights organization committed to creating sustainable, democratic and economically just neighborhoods and communities in New Orleans.