Hello future volunteers!
Are you a high school student looking to gain volunteer service hours for school? Then sign up for our Teen Service Sunday to complete five volunteer hours by helping the animals in our shelter! The service day will consist of learning about how the shelter runs, service projects such as cleaning and creating enrichments, as well as an introduction to animal behavior and dedicated time to socialize with our shelter animals.
The day will include a pizza lunch. Please make sure to include any dietary needs in the sign-up form.
We ask that participants donate $10 to cover the cost of supplies or bring two items from the enrichment supplies list. Following completion of the day of service, participants will be sent a certificate confirming their volunteer hours. For specific school forms or letters, please email email@example.com.
The service day will take place on Sunday, October 16th from 10:00am to 3:00pm at 1700 Mardi Gras Boulevard, New Orleans, LA 70114.
Enrichment Supplies List
- Fleece fabric, at least 1 square foot in size
- Rubber sink mats (rubber mat with holes)
- Unopened jars of creamy peanut butter
- Unopened containers of low-sodium chicken or beef broth
- Milk bones – medium and large
- Meaty dog treats such as Pupperoni, Beggin Strips, or jerky type treats
- Empty small cardboard boxes such as pasta boxes, pizza boxes, small shipping boxes
- Cat nip
- Cotton balls
- Packs of children’s socks
- Wooden dowels
Sign Up Form
Please complete the sign up form below.
Make a $10 Donation
If you wish to make a $10 donation instead of bringing 2 enrichment items, please use the button below to do so.
Please complete the Volunteer Waiver below and bring it to Teen Service Day.